Wednesday, December 21, 2011

CHALLENGE ME TO YOUR RESOLUTION AND BE A WINNER!

 I've never really participated in the proverbial 'New Years Resolution' concept.  For me every day, every week, every month, each year has constant goals.  I'm a list kinda girl. Each night I make a list of the things, the goals, for the following day.  I strategize on how to accomplish each thing around my work schedule. I'm a fanatic about time management.  I almost never make a trip out to accomplish or pick up 'just one thing'!, No way, ain't gonna happen.  If  I'm passing through on my way to or from work, maybe, but rarely.
I make a list of people to call, usually "Bill", we all call 'Bill' from time to time, don't we? Anyway, along with the list of people to call, I jot down the things that have to be done that day! Yes, I know....fanatic! Imagine my joy when life throws me a curve ball, or a kid lets me know at the last minute they need something! Yes, over-organized. It's getting better with time though, the older I get the less I remember to write on my list!

So New Years Resolutions?  I just want what everybody else wants, health and happiness.

What are some of your resolutions?  Maybe I'm missing the whole concept here.  SO I OFFER TO YOU......



THE RESOLUTION CHALLENGE!

Please share your resolutions. And to make it 'a challenge' I will pick one resolution from all those posted on my blog, and I will 'challenge' the postee. The postee will receive a special gift from me just for being chosen! I will post the resolution chosen on my blog and you can follow my progress with regular updates of postings and pictures.  When I accomplish your goal, you will receive a second gift from me!  The postee resolution will be drawn from a hat by my 6 year old!  (Oh Lord, save me!) Be kind, remember you have to also want to accomplish this goal and we would enjoy seeing pix/reading posts of your progress too!   I would love to say there are no limits, but I have to say, though I do enjoy eating, I WILL NOT EAT LIVE THINGS OR SLIMY THINGS! Plus the resolution has to be safe and legal! Most everything else is a go!  SO GAME ON FRIENDS, LET'S GET POSTING!!! LET'S GET RESOLUTING!

4 comments:

mothership said...

Well, every year I kinda write the same thing. Never really follow any of it and usually by the end of January or February....all is forgotten.
This year however, I'm going to make a 'grown-up' approach to this.
I want it to be something I know I can do. I want something(or someone) to challange me but in the same token I don't want to feel like a failure. Now knowing that I could possibly have a 'challanger' makes this even more enticing.
After the feeling I got yesterday it brought me to this conclusion.
So.... my New Years Resolution Challanges will be...(drum roll).........................
1) reconnect with old friends. Share with them something about our friendship that I have always cherished.
2) Become healthier. I don't want to be stupid and set an unrealistic goal that will drive me crazy. I want to make better choices with food. I want to understand WHAT I'm putting into my body and what it can do for me.
3) I want to fall in love with me. Now, as silly as this sounds, I couldn't be more honest! People tell me all the time how wonderful I am, how much I make a difference in their world. I'm a Care Taker. It's what I do. It's who I am. Well, I want to feel it too. I don't exactly know how I'm going to do it. Maybe it will just happen. Maybe after the first 2 resolutions come into play, the 3rd one will naturally fall into place.
Well, there you go Renee!
Here it is, in black and white.
I hope I'm the chosen one. I'll need you to keep me on my toes!!

Renee said...

OMGosh! ok, this one will be near impossible, since I too, am a giver, a provider, a neglector of self. Coming from a mom who owns just three pairs or sweats and a dozen or so cotton shirts......this one will be tough........g'luck my friend, we may need it!

Unknown said...

My main goal/resolution is to review my preparedness plan and get my house converted into a lean, mean preparedness machine. Design a small garden landscape layout and get rid of plantings that so not enhance my families food supply. Replace my inefficient fireplace with a suitable woodstove that will create a usable cooking surface.

Renee said...

i fear i may have bitten off more than i can chew! i dont even have a fireplace, how would i replace one?????

it can be done!

g'luck!