Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012 Resolution Challenge Champion!

Last year at this time, I challenged people to submit their 'resolutions' of preparedness.  I challenged that I would take on their challenge in my own preparedness efforts, and purposed that by years' end I would succeed at their preparedness resolution!


One lucky winner was drawn from a hat (bowl, in this case) and notified!  The winners' resolution was "to replace his fireplace with a cooking wood stove"!  What an undertaking that would be!
 Nonetheless, I do not have a fireplace in my home, so I was investigating the possibilities of  just installing a wood burning cook stove, figuring I was already half way ahead of my challenger, because I had nothing to rip out, just install!

Drum roll please.....................I LOSE!!!  

I completely failed on every level of this resolution! 

I would never go back on my promise, my word, so Mr. Loomis, my friend, I am off to the post office in the morning to mail your winnings!  There will be two prizes in one package for you! One for being the winning submission, as promised, and one for me NOT rising to your challenge! 

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!

I am not sure how you fared on your resolution, but would love to hear how it went for you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haven't changed the fireplace insert yet mostly because we are renting the house we are in. That is changing because we are now in the process of buying it from our landlords/friends. Many changes on the horizon!!! Thanks Renee. Jim

Jim Loomis said...

No worries Renee. We did not get the woodstove installed yet. Mostly because we don't own the house. We are renting from some friends. That is changing as we are finally in the process of buying it from them. So by next winter we will have the fireplace insert gone and a regular woodstove in its place.